Monday 15 September 2008

When there were chores to do


Market Harborough, 0 miles, 0 locks

Today was a big 'chore' day: I checked the water and oil levels in the engine, filled the water tank, emptied the loo, emptied the bins. I also emptied my engine bilges using a special hose thingy that they have here. They still look disgusting, but at least they're not awash with water (which had come out of the engine when we disconnected the water pump, what seems like weeks ago).

In the afternoon I wandered into town and hit Sainsbury's. I only wanted a lettuce, but I got a few other things while I was there. Next I went to Homebase to buy carpet tiles. I'm gradually replacing all of Oothoon's carpeting with tiles, which are easier to hoover and also much more practical on a boat, and Homebase have some quite nice blue ones. As I'd bought so many (or rather because they're so heavy and unwieldy), I got a taxi back to the boat with them.

Dinner was tray tacos again and I spent most of the evening reading my e-book or playing Animal Crossing: my mortgage to Tom Nook is 299,000 bells and as there's barely 100,000 bells left, I'm determined to clear it!